Let us guess: You’ve entered the world of NDIS and it seems like a nightmare. There are processes and procedures you don’t understand and what in the world is an occupational therapist (OT)? Before we talk about the status quo, let us explain.
At Leading Health Solutions, we get it. We support a variety of people. Some are familiar with the ins and outs of the system and others are brand new. We recognise that it can be complicated, and our team are here to make things simple.
Firstly, what is OT and what can we do for you? OT enables people to participate in activities of everyday life that are meaningful to them by maximising their function and independence.
Occupational therapists can do this in many ways. At Leading Health Solutions, our experienced team of OTs use a person-first approach, and can work with you to:
- support your skill development
- recommend, trial, and train you how to use different pieces of equipment
- change your home environment to suit your needs and make things more accessible or safe
- adapt the way you perform an activity to minimise the impact of your disability and help you to achieve greater independence
- teach you different ways to modify tasks or your environment to enable independence.
So, we mentioned the status quo. Our mission is to challenge the status quo in the industry. We promise to provide you with the highest quality care that puts you first, is ethical, and fosters a long-term relationship with you to achieve the best results. We work with a wide range of people aged 3 and up. Our services include, assistive technology recommendations, simple/complex home modifications, functional capacity reports, therapy/interventions, life-skills training, and SDA/SIL assessments.
We challenge an industry that sometimes feels difficult to navigate, or like it isn’t here for you. At Leading Health, we promise to walk side by side, and support you to achieve your goals.
So, what are you waiting for?